Bring Fitness & Wellness to you!
Invite a nationally certified Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer to assist with your next event. Our outreach programs can be customized to fit your needs!
- Group & Instructional Fitness Classes
- Educational Presentations on Fitness & Wellness (Deskercise)
- Fitness & Wellness Assessments (Body Composition Testing & Wellness Assessment)
- Special Interest Workshops (Kettlebells, Olympic Lifting, Running Form/Technique)
Who Can Host an Outreach?
ANY UGA organization or department! We have previously assisted with programs for Residence Life, Academics, Greek Life, and Student Organizations. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide outreach programs for community groups.
Where Can I Host an Outreach?
Host an outreach at your facility/preferred location (please provide a CD player or stereo if we come to you) or in the Ramsey Student Center fitness studios.
- All outreach programs must be led by a nationally certified Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer currently employed with the Department of Recreational Sports who will be present during the duration of the requested program.
- Recreational Sports and ongoing programming takes precedence over all outreach program requests when hosted in the Ramsey Student Center.
- Class formats that require use of equipment must be held in a Ramsey Student Center fitness studio.
- Yoga and Pilates class formats should be held in a quiet environment. We do not provide mats for Yoga or Pilates classes (participants will need to bring their own).
What is the Cost?
Outreach hosted in the Ramsey Student Center= $80/hour per instructor (includes facility/equipment fee) for up to 60 participants.
- All participants must be current Ramsey Center members for outreaches hosted in our facilities.
- Participants who are not current Ramsey Center members are required to purchase a guest pass ($7) at the Admissions Desk to participate.
Outreach hosted at your location=$60/hour per instructor for up to 60 participants.
- Departmental Account Number must be listed on outreach request. For groups over 60, an additional instructor is needed.
- Costs may vary based on duration of program, instructor, number of participants, and other specific requests. Payment must be made 10 business days prior to the scheduled outreach.
- Acceptable forms of payment include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Cash, Check (made out to the University of Georgia) or Departmental Account.
How do I request an Outreach?
All requests should be submitted by completing the outreach request form (button below) and must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the outreach date.
- The more information provided on the request form, the quicker the request can be filled.
- Changing dates may result in our inability to fill your request.