The University of Georgia's Department of Recreational Sports is excited to host the NIRSA Regional Basketball Tournament, February 21-23, 2020. We are proud to host this tournament again this year and we invite your teams and staff to join us here in Athens! If you have any questions please contact Michael Husted at email@example.com.
Tournament Date: Friday, February 21st - Sunday February 23rd
Divisions: Men's and Women's
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, February 12th
Entry Fee: $300 per team Payment can be made online HERE
Team Check-In: Friday, February 21st time TBD, Ramsey Student Center Lobby
Captain's Meeting: Friday, February 21st TBD in the Ramsey Student Center room 203-204
- Winning teams in each division will receive a paid entry fee into the NIRSA National Basketball Championships hosted by Wichita State University, April 3-5 2020.
- 1st and 2nd Place Team Awards
- All Tournament Team and MVP Awards
- All Tournament Officials Awards
Athletic Trainers will be on site to care for any injured participants.
Check In and Captain's Meeting:
*Every team must have at least 1 representative attend the mandatory captains' meeting*
Ramsey Student Center
330 River Road
Athens, GA 306020
Ramsey Student Center:
All games will be played at the Ramsey Student Center located at 330 River Road, Athens GA 30602. You can find directions HERE or type "Ramsey Student Center, Athens GA" into your GPS.
Team Hotel Option:
Holiday Inn Express
513 West Broad St, Athens, GA 30601
Rate: $96.00 (Book by 2/12/2020 in order to secure this rate)
Group Name: NIRSA Regional Basketball Teams
Other Hotel Options:
Best Western Hotel
170 N Milledge Ave, Athens, GA 30601
Homewood Suites by Hilton
750 East Broad Street, Athens, GA 30601
Registration Information and Steps:
1. Go To shop.recsports.uga.edu
2. Select "Sign Up" at the top right
3. Complete all required information
4. Select "Programs" in the middle of the page
5. Under "Classifications" select "Competitive Sports"
6. Select "UGA Regional Basketball"
7. Select the division you wish to sign up for
|Team Entry Roster Form||Tournament Information|
|Player Certification Form||Rules|
|NIRSA Waiver Form||NIRSA Code of Conduct|
|Officials Applications||UGA Team Waiver Form|