The University of Georgia invites student officials and staff to join us at our 22nd Annual Southeast Flag Football Officials Workshop! This year's workshop will take place on Saturday, August 24th and conclude Sunday, August 25th. This two day, intensive workshop will cover NIRSA Flag Football rules and mechanics. This workshop will be a great learning opportunity for your officials before most intramural sports leagues begin. Last year, approximately 110 student officials and professional staff members from 20 different schools around the southeast were represented at SEFFOW!
If you have any questions please call us at 706-542-5060 or email Michael Husted (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jason James (email@example.com) or Chelsea Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interesting in being a clinician for our program? Please fill out our application here.
Deadline: Wednesday, August 14th.
Cost: $65.00 per official. Check-in begins Saturday at 10:00am in the Ramsey Center main lobby with sessions beginning promptly at 10:30am.
How to Register:
1. Visit shop.recsports.uga.edu
2. Select "Programs"
3. Select Classification "Competitive Sports" and Semester "Fall 2019"
4. After selecting "SEFFOW" you will select the group your student will be participating in and then sign in.
5. After signing in, you will select register and finish filling in all necessary information.
Fee Includes: 2019 & 2020 NIRSA Flag Football Rule Book, Clinic Material, Finger Whistle, T-Shirt, Lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
What do I need to bring: Stripes, black shorts, ball spotter, officiating shoes/cleats, rain gear and notebook.
Levels of Training:
- Participants will learn the basic rules and fundamentals of flag football officiating. The beginner section will have classroom intensive sessions, station work and on field training.
- Participants will review rules and recent changes while exploring the philosophy of officiating. This level will also examine three and four person mechanics, penalty enforcement and game management. The intermediate section will have a mix of classroom and on field training.
- Participants will review rule changes, penalty enforcement, three and four person mechanics, philosophy and rule interpretations. This group is recommended for those with at least 1 or 2 years of experience. The advanced section will spend more time with on-field training along with classroom work.
Hotel Accommodations: Holiday Inn Express (Newly Renovated July 2019) $99.00 per night
513 W. Broad Street
Athens, GA 30601
Ask for the Recreational Sports Southeastern Flag Football Workshop rate.
Saturday Meeting Location:
Ramsey Student Center
330 River Road
Athens, GA 30602