CHALLENGE COURSE POLICIES
- Participants on both our indoor and outdoor high course must be at least 11 years old.
- Weight limit for both courses is 250 pounds (no minimum).
- Height requirement minimum on indoor high course is 4’11” (no minimum on outdoor high course as long as participant is 11 years old).
- It is required that every participant complete an University of Georgia Health History Form and Challenge Course Waiver Form (forms will be sent with confirmation/invoice) before participating. It is the responsibility of the group contact person to give these completed forms to the facilitator on or before the day of participation. The level of participation in a challenge course activity is at all times completely up to the individual.
- Due to the inherent risk and danger involved in this program, intoxicated persons, tobacco, alcoholic beverages and othe mind-altering substances are not allowed.
- Recreational Sports will assign facilitators for each group. Specific directions to course, parking information and meeting location will be sent with confirmation/invoice.
- Participants should wear comfortable clothing, loose fitting pants or shorts (sweats or loose jeans are OK), sneakers or other closed-toe shoes (sandals, flip flops, and opened-toed shoes are prohibited). Cell phones must be turned off.
- Meals are the responsibility of the group. Unless otherwise requested, one hour will be allowed for a meal during a full day course. Food and drink may not be allowed in all areas. Arrangements must be made in advance. It is the responsibility of the participants to pick up and carry out all trash left by the group.
- The organization/person in charge of the group is responsible for the behavior of the participants. Failure to cooperate with Challenge Course Staff when faced with emergencies/problems may result in the group’s inability to reserve Recreational Sports facilities in the future.
- Groups must submit payment in full to the Rec Sports Business Office at least 10 business days prior to their program.
- Groups may pay by cash, check (made payable to UGA) , credit card or University account.
Cancellation & Refunds
- Groups who cancel at least 10 business days prior to their program will receive a full refund or may transfer their payment to a future program (within 1 year of original program date).
- Groups who cancel within 10 business days of their program date but prior to 72 hours before their scheduled program will receive a refund less a $100 late cancellation fee.
- Groups who cancel within 72 hours of their scheduled program will forfeit their entire registration fee.
- In the event that the University is closed or closes on the date(s) of event, all activities scheduled to take place at Department of Recreational Sports Indoor and Outdoor Facilities, as well as off-site events led by Challenge Course Facilitators will be cancelled. If this situation occurs, the group will be contacted with rescheduling or refund information.
Decreases to group size:
- Groups may decrease the number of participants up to 10 business days prior to their program and receive a refund of the difference.
- Decreases to group numbers made after the 10 business day deadline will be charged based on the number of participants originally scheduled.
Increases to group size:
- Participant safety is our utmost concern. In order to ensure proper staffing ratios based on group size, the group contact should notify the Challenge Course of any increases to original group size as soon as possible.
- If we are able to accommodate a larger group, the group will receive an updated invoice. Payment of the balance must be processed within 1 business week.