Outdoor Recreation Center
Monday 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Thursday 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Closed Tues/Weds, weekends, maintenance periods, holidays, Spring Break, and for special events. Hours subject to change.
Please note that equipment may only be picked up during operating hours.
The ORC only accepts credit cards for payment (no cash or checks).
Location: lower level — 144 Ramsey Student Center for Physical Activities
- Gear Reservation and appointments for pick-up can be made up to 1 week in advance here.
- Outdoor equipment is available for rent by appointment and curbside pickup on Thursdays from 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. and Fridays from Noon – 6 p.m. (not available holidays or during special events).
- Outdoor equipment can be returned curbside on Mondays from 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- The curbside location is in lot E09 by the state vehicle parking spaces when you first enter the lot.
- For pickups or returns, when you arrive, call the Outdoor Recreation Center at 706-542-4677.
- If you are renting, the staff member will check out the gear to you and take your credit card information over the phone. They will then bring the gear out along with the credit card receipt and rental paperwork for signature.
- If you are renting a boat or stand up paddle board, please review this video on how to tie down the boat with our provided cam straps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoOba_inAbY
- If you are renting a tent, please allow 10 minutes to set up the tent to understand proper set up and familiarize yourself with all components.
- After equipment is returned it will be cleaned and disinfected or cleaned and isolated for 72 hours for those items that can be damaged by chemicals i.e. tents and paddling gear.
- Renters are responsible for picking up & returning equipment during ORC scheduled hours of operation. As there are no designated spaces for long term ORC parking, renters must call the ORC to arrange large equipment (canoe, kayak, bulky equipment) pick-up & return in order to keep time to a minimum. Special arrangements for boating equipment pickup & return in the back lot of Ramsey (E09) are possible. A pay lot adjacent to the East Campus Parking Deck is available for a nominal fee. The ORC is not responsible for any parking citation received by renters.
|Camping Gear||Daily Rate||Weekend Rate|
|Backpack Rain cover||$2||$4|
|Sleeping Bag |
(0°, 20°, 40°)
|Single Burner Stove|
|Table – roll top||$6||$12|