Spring Semester 2021
The entire Recreational Sports Complex is closed from 5 p.m. on Friday until 3 p.m. on Sunday during every home football game weekend including G-Day.
Ramsey Student Center
Monday-Friday 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturday 12-6 p.m. & Sunday 3-9 p.m.
Ramsey Members under 18 have access during all weekend hours (from Friday at 5 p.m. through Sunday at 9 p.m.) when directly supervised at all times by member parent/guardian. Non-UGA Student Ramsey Members between the ages of 16 and 18 accompanied by member parent/guardian are able to access Strength & Conditioning Rooms during weekend hours.
UGA Rec Sports observes all University of Georgia inclement weather closings or delays across all facilities including the Ramsey Student Center.
Membership Services Office (Room 201)
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
Pound Hall (Health Sciences Campus)
Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-2 p.m. & 4-7 p.m.
For specific activities or areas, please visit the Daily Facilities Schedule at top of this page and click on the day you’d like to view.
The Ramsey Student Center is the 440,000 square foot student recreational and athletic facility located on the University of Georgia’s East Campus. Known by students as “Ramsey,” the facility is one of the largest student athletic recreation facilities in the United States. It was built and named in honor of Bernard and Eugenia Ramsey. There are opportunities for badminton, basketball, cardio/weight training, indoor rock climbing, handball, jogging/walking, martial arts, racquetball, squash, table tennis, indoor soccer, swimming, and volleyball. If you are interested in reserving space for events, please see our Facility Reservations page. Other fee-based programs can be explored by clicking on the links at the top of the page menu
Ramsey Student Center
- Natatorium (50-meter competition pool, diving pool and 8 lane recreational pool)
- 4 Gymnasia (8 basketball courts, 9 volleyball courts and 12 badminton courts)
- Indoor Track (1/8 mile)
- 44 ft. Climbing Wall
- 14 ft. Outdoor Bouldering Wall
- 10 Racquetball Courts
- 2 Squash Courts
- Over 25,000 square feet of weight-training space
Recreational Sports Complex
The Recreational Sports Complex is an outdoor facility that hosts several programs, including intramural sports, club sports, outdoor recreation, and academic classes.
- 8 Grass Fields
- 15 Tennis Courts
- Lake Herrick Pavilion
- Oconee Forest Park
- Outdoor Challenge Course
Batting cages will be closed indefinitely.
Club Sports Complex
This lighted, 180,000 sq. ft. complex houses practice and competition fields for the University of Georgia’s Club Sports teams. With great attention given to sustainable and “green” construction and features, the space offers panoramic views and first-class facilities. This facility is located at 2435 South Milledge Avenue.
Lake Herrick Pavilion
The Lake Herrick Pavilion is a an ideal location for retreats or escaping the noise of the campus community. Situated next to Lake Herrick, the pavilion offers an indoor conference room with audio/video capabilities. The covered outdoor pavilion is a great spot for taking in views of the lake and the Oconee Forest Park. If you are interested in reserving this space for events, please see our Facility Reservations page.
Pound Hall View a 360 image
UGA Rec Sports also manages Pound Hall, a strength & conditioning satellite facility on the UGA Health Sciences campus off of Prince Avenue. Pound Hall includes approximately 10,000 square feet of strength & conditioning space, as well as Wheeler Gym (used primarily for informal recreation and club sport practices). Recreational Sports also manages the softball field, baseball field, horseshoe pit, and outdoor basketball courts surrounding Pound Hall, which are open by reservation only. Ramsey members can purchase one-day passes to Pound Hall online or on-site with Bulldog Bucks (credit/debit cards, cash, and other forms of payment are not accepted). A Health Sciences Campus parking pass is required in order to park at the Pound Hall facility. Non-Health Sciences personnel can contact Parking Services to purchase a Health Sciences parking pass.
This facility is located at 105 Foster Rd
Parking is enforced by UGA Transportation & Parking Services.
Click here to view campus enforcement hours by location.
Click here to view parking rates for permits and parking decks.
Free Parking Options
- E04 (East Campus Deck), with valid UGACard or UGA parking permit, Monday – Friday 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., Saturday & Sunday all day (excluding Special Events)
- E03 (surface lot next to E. Campus Deck), Monday – Friday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., Saturday & Sunday all day
- E09 (behind Ramsey), Monday – Friday 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., Saturday & Sunday all day
- Rec Sports Complex: E01 (surface lots by the playing fields & tennis courts), Monday – Friday 3:30 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., Saturday & Sunday all day
- Rec Sports Complex: E21 (IM Fields Deck), Monday – Friday 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m., Saturday & Sunday all day
- Intersession parking (free with any UGA parking permit) will be in E05 (East Village Deck).
East Campus Deck (E04)
- An annual parking pass valid for 90 minutes in the East Campus Deck is available to active Ramsey Center members from Transportation & Parking Services for $35.
- E04 is now staffed by a Parking Services attendant from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. To enter the deck on those days between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., you must have either a Ramsey Center parking pass, an E04 permit or pay by the hour as a visitor. In addition, those exiting the deck between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. must either scan their E04 permit or pay an hourly fee.
- After 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, any one showing a valid UGACard upon exit will not be charged a fee. You must pull a ticket in order to enter the deck but show the ticket and a valid UGACard upon exit to waive the parking fee.
4. Weekend parking is open and free except during special events (e.g. home football games or other major events such as SEC Swim Championships, etc.)