The 43 ft. indoor climbing wall and outdoor bouldering area are open to all active UGA students and Ramsey members. Use the menus below to learn more about how you can participate.
Monday 12-2 p.m. & 5-8 p.m.
Tuesday 12-2 p.m. & 5-8 p.m.
Wednesday 12-2 p.m. & 5-8 p.m.
Thursday 12-2 p.m. & 5-8 p.m.
Friday 12-2 p.m. & 5-8 p.m.
*The indoor and outdoor climbing walls are closed for maintenance periods, university holidays and special events. Hours subject to change.
Reserve a Time to Climb
- Climbers may reserve a time to climb through IM Leagues. Click here to login with your UGA Login or set up your IM Leagues account with your UGA Login. Once you have signed in with your UGA Login, select climbing wall and the date you want to climb. You will be able to reserve an available one hour time slot. If spots are available, walk-ins will be accepted. A total of five climbers are allowed in the indoor climbing area at one time.
Auto Belay Stations
- To maintain social distancing, climbers may not climb with a belaying partner and must use established auto-belay stations.
Gear Check Out
- Climbers are encouraged to bring their own shoes and harnesses as only a limited number will be available for check out.
Face Coverings and Hand Sanitizer
- Face coverings must be worn while climbing. If a climber leaves the climbing wall area, they must wash hands or use hand sanitizer before re-entering the climbing area.
New to climbing or UGA’s wall
- We are not offering belay clinics at this time. If you are new to climbing or new to climbing at UGA, you may climb using the auto belay stations or in the bouldering area. Please let us know you are new when you check in.
Redpoint Climbing Comp Jan 19 -Feb 16 –Come compete this spring with the UGA Climbing Wall! This semester, the climbing wall will be hosting a spring climbing league, where Ramsey members can compete in a month-long climbing competition. Winner of each division will receive an exclusive Redpoint Climbing Comp t-shirt.
- Sign up at the climbing wall during operating hours or by emailing email@example.com. When signing up, select your competition division. The divisions are mens and womens begnner (5.6-5.8), mens and womens intermediate (5.9-5.11), and mens and womens advanced (5.11+ and up). The climbing wall staff can help you decide which division best suits you. Once you sign up, the climbing wall staff will create a scorecard for you on the computer.
- You may complete climbs to be scored during climbing wall operating hours. Practice attempts will not deduct from your score. Climbing wall staff must observe your entire attempt at a climb for it to be scored. Scored climbs must be completed in a single attempt without resting on “off holds” or using off-route holds. Climbing wall staff will initial and date your completion on your scorecard. In case of a tie, the climber who complete their climbs first will be the winner.
- Climbers can attempt climbs for the month-long period of competition with scores being tallied at the end. The top 3 climbs from each climber will be their final score. A minimum of 3 climbs must be completed to participate. Climbers who participate in an easier category than what their scored climbs reflect will be moved into the next highest category.
If you have any questions or would like to sign up, please email Ryan Edwards or visit the climbing wall during operating hours Monday-Friday 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. & 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Come Get Strong–Every Monday and Wednesday 7:30 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. at the indoor climbing wall and bouldering courtyard, members of the UGA Climbing Wall staff will lead you through a fun and challenging climbing workout that will help you develop strength, flexibility, and balance. Come Get Strong is free for UGA students and Ramsey members. Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the number of spots available. Sign up on IM Leagues to reserve your space.