The Department of Recreational Sports is one of the largest employers of students on campus and is committed to providing leadership and career-enhancing opportunities for our student staff. Each year, more than 600 students are actively engaged in operating programs and facilities in positions.
Submit an application
- Aquatics: lifeguard, swim instructor
- Member Services: sales/customer service representative
- Competitive Sports: intramural sports official, scorekeeper
- Facility Operations: admissions desk, event set up team, building supervisor, outdoor complex staff, S&C supervisors, equipment maintenance team
- Fitness & Wellness: group fitness instructor, personal trainer, fitness monitor, wellness outreach staff
- Marketing/Public Relations: graphic designer, social media, photographer, videographer, staff writer/ mixed media specialist
- Outdoor Recreation: rental center, trip leader, climbing wall staff, challenge course facilitator
When funding is available, Rec Sports will offer assistantship opportunities for incoming graduate students who want to join our progressive recreational sports program and learn from professional practitioners who view leadership as mission-critical. Candidates must have a strong service orientation and be capable of applying skills and knowledge in a dynamic setting using various student development philosophies and theories.
Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to apply to the appropriate academic area of study. Detailed information on the UGA Graduate School can be found here: http://grad.uga.edu/. Decisions regarding Department of Recreational Sports graduate assistantships cannot be offered until the academic department admits the prospective student.
Please be aware that offers for assistantship positions are contingent upon acceptance into the University Graduate School and the specific academic degree program you are applying for. Varying deadlines exist for all applications and it is the responsibility of the applicant to be aware of these and apply accordingly http://grad.uga.edu.
We have filled all positions for the 2023-2024 academic year. Please check back in the fall 2023 semester for upcoming opportunities.
If you have questions regarding graduate assistant positions, please contact us at email@example.com.
At the end of each academic year, we nominate staff from all of our areas for two prestigious awards, the Rec Sports Values Award and the Michael Warren, Jr. Award. Click below to learn more about each of these awards and our nominees.
Award descriptions and nominees.