The Department of Recreational Sports is one of the largest employers of students on campus and is committed to providing leadership and career-enhancing opportunities for our student staff. Each year, more than 600 students are actively engaged in operating programs and facilities in positions.
- Aquatics: lifeguard, swim instructor
- Member Services: sales/customer service representative
- Competitive Sports: intramural sports official, field supervisor
- Facility Operations: admissions desk, event set up team, building supervisor, outdoor complex staff, S&C supervisors, equipment maintenance team
- Fitness & Wellness: group fitness instructor, personal trainer, fitness monitor, wellness outreach staff
- Marketing/Public Relations: graphic designer, social media, photographer, videographer, staff writer/ mixed media specialist
- Outdoor Recreation: rental center, trip leader, climbing wall staff, challenge course facilitator