- All Personal Training sessions will be provided by certified Personal Trainers holding current and accredited certifications. Personal Trainers will follow current exercise and physical activity guidelines as established by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- All Clients must be 18 years of age or older.
- Clients may register for Personal Training sessions in the Recreational Sports office or online.
- New client schedule forms must be completed and submitted to the Recreational Sports office or online with payment. Online payments will be collected at https://shop.recsports.uga.edu/.
- Clients must submit Personal Training packets to the Recreational Sports office at least 3 days prior to the initial Personal Training session.
- There is no guarantee that a specific Personal Trainer will always be available with each
session or package purchased as employment status may change.
- The Personal Trainer and the Department of Recreational Sports reserve the right to
request medical clearance from a licensed medical professional if necessary.
- If the client has checked “yes” to any of the questions on the PAR-Q form (page 5), a physician’s clearance must be obtained prior to beginning a Personal Training program with the Department of Recreational Sports.
- Clients should immediately communicate any concerns (discomfort or pain) arising from their Personal Training sessions with the Personal Trainer.
- Personal Trainers will contact the Client to schedule the initial consultation.
- The Client will meet his or her Personal Trainer at the mutually agreed upon place inside the Ramsey Student Center.
- The Client will schedule all sessions prior to Personal Training sessions. These sessions may be rescheduled based on Client-Personal Trainer agreement.
- During the initial consultation the Client will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Buddy Training is limited to two individuals. Both Clients must be present during buddy training sessions. If only one individual is present, a session will still be subtracted from the total number of sessions purchased. Proration will not be permitted.
- Should the Personal Trainer arrive late, the Personal Trainers must make up the time lost with the Client at no additional charge. If the Personal Trainer must cancel a session, he or she will notify the Client 1 day in advance.
- Late Clients will forfeit any session time lost based on his or her tardiness. Personal Trainers will wait no longer than 15 minutes for Clients. After 15 minutes, the session will be forfeited. Clients must provide cancellation notification at least 1 day in advance, or forfeit the session. No refunds will be issued.
- Sessions purchased must be used within a 6 month period, after which they will be voided. Unused sessions will not be refunded.
- A Client Satisfaction Survey will be e-mailed to the Client following the completion of each package purchased.
- The Department of Recreational Sports reserves the right to adjust the schedule under any circumstance. The client will be notified under such circumstances.
- To receive optimum benefits from the program, a minimum of 1 session per week is recommended.
- All fitness activities are subject to Ramsey Center facility policies in the event of an emergency situation or inclement weather.
- No refunds will be issued.