- Wellness Coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education, and recreation. Deciding how to handle these issues and implement my choices is exclusively the Client’s responsibility.
- Wellness Coaching is not to be used in lieu of professional advice. I will seek professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual, or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine, and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions are my responsibility.
- Wellness Coaching is not psychotherapy or any form of medical treatment, professional referrals will be given as needed.
- If a Client is currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, they should consult with this person regarding their desire to work with a Wellness Coach.
- Certain topics may be anonymously shared with other Wellness Coaching professionals for training or consultation purposes.
- Wellness Coaches will follow current National Board of Health & Wellness Coaches (NBHWC) guidelines.
- All Clients must be 18 years of age or older.
- Clients may register for Wellness Coaching sessions in the Recreational Sports office or online.
- New client schedule forms must be completed and submitted to the Recreational Sports office or online with payment. Online payments will be collected at https://shop.recsports.uga.edu/.
- Clients must submit Wellness Coaching packets to the Recreational Sports office at least 3 days prior to the initial Wellness Coaching session.
- There is no guarantee that a specific Wellness Coach will always be available with each session or package purchased.
- The Wellness Coach and the Department of Recreational Sports reserve the right to refer to a licensed medical professional if necessary.
- Clients should immediately communicate any concerns arising from their Wellness Coaching sessions with the Wellness Coach or Assistant Director for Fitness & Wellness.
- Wellness Coaches will contact the Client to schedule the initial consultation.
- The Client will meet the Wellness Coach at the mutually agreed upon place inside the Ramsey Student Center or via Zoom.
- Sessions must be scheduled prior to the first sessions and may be rescheduled based on Client-Wellness Coach agreement.
- During the initial consultation the Client is encouraged to ask the Coach questions to ensure both parties have a clear understanding of the expectations in the Coach-Client relationship.
- Should the Wellness Coach arrive late, the Wellness Coach must make up the time lost with the Client at no additional charge. If the Wellness Coach must cancel a session, he or she will notify the Client one day in advance.
- Late Clients will forfeit any session time lost based on his or her tardiness. Wellness Coaches will wait no longer than 15 minutes for Clients. After 15 minutes, the session will be forfeited. Clients must provide cancellation notification at least 1 day in advance, or forfeit the session. No refunds will be issued.
- Sessions purchased must be used within a 6 month period, after which they will be voided. Unused sessions will not be refunded.
- A Client Satisfaction Survey will be e-mailed to the Client following the completion of each package purchased.
- The Department of Recreational Sports reserves the right to adjust the schedule under any circumstance. The Client will be notified under such circumstances.
- To receive optimum benefits from the program, a minimum of 1 session every two weeks is recommended.
- All Wellness Coaching activities are subject to Ramsey Center facility policies in the event of an emergency situation or inclement weather.